- Enter Member exhibits (See drop off dates and the schedule to sit).
- Volunteer monthly as docent at the MCL Grand Theater.
- Check your inbox regularly for important VAL announcements.
- Attend monthly meetings (Held the 2st Tuesday of each month at 7pm).
- Bring artwork to meetings for the mini-competition, “Asel Awards”.
- Contact Brandi admin at visualartleague.org or Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org for your user name and set up your own password to log onto the VAL website.
- Consider teaching workshops or classes.
- Collaborate with other member artists and explore new mediums.
- Support VAL fund raising and music events.
- Display your artwork in the heart of Old Town – participate in City events such as Western Days, Art Festival, and Holiday at the Hall.
- Donate 10% of proceeds from artwork sold at VAL events and exhibits.
- Serve on Committees and the Board.
- Look for ways to volunteer to help within VAL as needed.
- Support Acoustic Fridays at the Art Gallery.
What VAL Members Need To Know:
- Officer, Director, & Committee Descriptions
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Instructions – Docent instructions and How to be City Volunteer
- Volunteer at the MCL Grand in the name of VAL
- Exhibit Guides & Requirements
- How Jurors Make Decisions
- Mini-Show (Asel Awards) description
- Community Exhibits
- ATC Group
- Friday Jams at the Art Center
- For Information on joining the Members Gallery contact email@example.com
Maurice Leatherbury: President
Tina Alvarez: 1st VP
Chuck Hendrickson: 2nd VP
Patricia McCarty(Pepper): Treasurer
Irma Murray: Secretary
Colleen Drew: Director
Wanda Grice: Director
Elaine Nienkampe: Director
2016/2017 Standing Committee Chairs
Jackie Haugen: Programs
Maurice Leatherbury: By-Laws
Lisa Chittenden: Membership
Jackie Haugen: ASEL Award
Paula Haynes: ATC Trading
Kathy Maybury: Reception coordinator
Maurice Leatherbury/Christy Martin: Fresh Ideas
Darla Bostick: Outside Exhibits
Diane Wright: Newsletter Editor
R’Lene Winters: Publicity
Kathy Maybury: Liaison LISD Art Advocacy Council