Help us bring vitality to the Visual Art League Center by volunteering. Volunteers are needed to staff the Art Center during its open hours of 10 am – 5pm, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. There are plenty of opportunities to meet new people, learn more about local art, and participate in art exhibits. Volunteers have enabled us to consistently maintain open hours and successfully present exhibits to the community.
Some of the many volunteer opportunities available for you are:
- Exhibition Coordinator. Curators
- Program Scheduler for Guest Artists at meetings.
- Join the show committee for Intake, Hanging, and Striking of shows.
- Join the Fresh Ideas committee.
- Sign up to be a Greeter in the Gallery.
- Set up refreshments table at the monthly members’ meetings.
- Get in the rotation to paint canvases for display in the windows at the Greater Lewisville Community Theatre.
- Look for ways you can give and if you see a need, fill it.
Remember: VAL needs you. Many hands make light work for all!
2017 – 2018
- Member Meetings Speakers: Jackie Haugen
- Min-Art Awards: Alfredo Santesteban
- Shows/Events : Dulce Ruqué
- Off-Site Exhibits: Darla Bostic, R’Lene Winters
- Exhibit Reception Coordinator: Kathy Maybury
- Membership: Lisa Chinttenden
- Publicity: R’Lene Winters
- Adult Free Workshops: Paula Haynes
- Outside Workshops: Lorraine Hayes
- Jurors Selection: Linda Chidsey
- Graphic Design Services: Mary Carradine
- Community Outreach: NEEDED
- GLAA news Submissions: OPEN
- Viewpoints Newsletter Editor: Diane Wright
- GLAA Representative: Christi Martin
- Furniture: Dave McRedmond
- Website: Dulce Ruqué
- Web Support: Raymund H. “Brandi” Evora;