Help us bring vitality to the Visual Art League Center by volunteering. Volunteers are needed to staff the Art Center during its open hours of 2-6, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. There are plenty of opportunities to meet new people, learn more about local art, and participate in art exhibits. Volunteers have enabled us to consistently maintain open hours and successfully present exhibits to the community.
Some of the many volunteer opportunities available for you are:
- Exhibition Coordinator.
- Program Scheduler for Guest Artists at meetings.
- Join the show committee for Intake, Hanging, and Striking of shows.
- Join the Fresh Ideas committee.
- Sign up to be a Greeter in the Gallery.
- Set up refreshments table at the monthly members’ meetings.
- Get in the rotation to paint canvases for display in the windows at the Greater Lewisville Community Theatre.
- Look for ways you can give and if you see a need, fill it.
Remember: VAL needs you. Many hands make light work for all!
2014 – 2015
- Programs: Linda Chidsey
- Mini Art Competition (Asel Awards): Jackie Haugen
- Exhibits: Colleen Drew
- Off-Site Exhibits: Darla Bostic
- Exhibit Reception Coordinator: Cheryl White
- Meeting Refreshment Coordinators: NEEDED
- Membership: Lorraine Hayes
- Publicity: R’Lene Winters
- Community Outreach: NEEDED
- Phone Message Manager: NEEDED
- GLAA news Submissions: Elaine Nienkamp
- Viewpoints Newsletter Editor: Dulce Ruque
- GLAA Representative: Elaine Nienkamp
- GLAA Representative: Wanda Grice
- Gallery Sitter Coordinator: NEEDED
- Gallery Sitter Corrdinator for Special Events: Tina Church Alvarez
- Furniture: Dave McRedmond
- Webmaster: Raymund H. “Brandi” Evora; Assistants: Elaine Nienkamp & Diane Wright