ART TALKS EVERY SECOND TUESDAY AT 7PM
VAL has its general meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Each month in conjunction with the general meeting, VAL produces an “Art Talk” series of known speakers and art demonstrations. Visitors are welcome to attend any meeting. Generally the meetings are in a classroom, but they may also be in the Gallery, the Black Box Theater, or the Recital Hall.
The 2017 Schedule of Art Talks at the MCL Grand:
- January 10 – Attorney Tom Maddrey: VISUAL ARTS AND THE LAW. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
- Febuary 14- Lisa Tansey owner Premier GAllery , Flower Mound
- March 14 – Chris Brandley: OIL PAINTING
- April 17 -Mary Karem: DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
- May 9 – Jo Williams: WATERCOLOR
- June 13 -Gail Delger artist and owner of Last Gallery in McKInney
- August 8 -Paula Haynes: HANDS ON ARTIST TRADING CARDS
- September 12 – Brandi Cooper: HANDS ON ZENTANGLE
- October 10 – Carol Stoecker: AN ARTISTIC WAY TO UPDATE YOUR HOME WITH STONE AND BRICK
- November 14 – Millie Giles: THE JURYING PROCESS TO WIN ENTRY IN ART COMPETITIONS